SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: Is Brushing Wet Hair Safe?

Question:
Can I brush my hair with a hair brush after I shampoo it? I heard that it is very damaging to the hair.

Answer:
Yes, you can use either a brush or a comb to untangle your hair. But you have to do it right. Always start at the bottom and very slowly work your way up. If your hair tangles a lot (due to coloring, curliness etc.) apply a leave in conditioner to your hair to make your tresses slick so your comb or brush will slide easier. Also it is very important what kind of comb or brush you use. When I need to comb a long hair I like the comb to be wide-toothed and brush to have sort of like short stubs (no bristles) that are fairly apart from each other.

In this post you can see my favorite brush (above) and comb (to the left) for de-tangling any hair.









Note: 


This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.