SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: How Can I Grow My Hair Long?

Question:
Hello,
I would like to ask a few tips on how I can grow long, natural hair within 3 years. How do you make your hair so long yet healthy at the same time? My hair is permed and it is short at the moment. I want to grow out my perm. I know that everybody's hair grows differently every month depending on how you take care of it but I just want a rough idea. So please can I have tips on how to grow long hair and the products to use for my hair? Sorry for bothering you, but PLEASE reply.

Answer:
Every person's hair grows approximately plus-minus half an inch each month. It depends on their nutrition and life style.
Since you permed your hair and want to grow it out - I hope I understand right that you no longer desire permed hair - you should make a plan and stick to it. Growing out hair can be very discouraging and annoying, when it gets to an undesirable length and you want to cut it off. So you need to approach this process with a huge patience as well.
Since the hair grows about half an inch each month, I would recommend for anyone to get a haircut about every two (2) months. The stylist should cut only dead ends - about quarter (1/4) of an inch. This way you can see that your hair grows, yet you keep your hair healthy looking.
After a while you will get to the point that your hair will feel awkward and you will have a strong desire to cut your hair all off, because it will be in the style that is not "your style". But if you want to succeed, you really need to stick to your plan. Instead use gels or other styling helpers (curling iron, flat iron, mousse, hair sprays, hair accessories etc.) and play with your hair. You need to practice these styles, so you can do them in the morning (before you go to work/school) fast and that you feel beautiful at the same time. Once you pass this stage, and your hair gets shoulder length, you may again spend less time on the styling your hair, or perhaps even more - it depends if your hair dries into a nice style itself, or if it needs a little help. However long hair dries a little longer then shoulder length and even longer than short hair.

You should be able to grow your hair from "boys" cut to past your shoulders within three years.



Note:
This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post only. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.