SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: Should I Tone My Bleached Hair With A Toner?

Question:
I want to bleach my hair white blond. After I am done, do I need to use a toner?

Answer:
If you bleach your hair white and do it right and LOVE the color, you do not need to use a toner. You need a toner only if
  • you want to give it a hue (purple, blue...)
  • you need to correct the tonality (such as if it has a yellowish undertones) and you want to get rid of them (you will need purple or blue toner)
  • you are a swimmer and your hair turns green you may have to tone it down with strawberry red toner
Check out toners by Clairol, Wella, L'Oreal, Jerome Russell (in UK), etc.

Above: Jerome Russell toner for blonds

Below, you can see swatches of several toners by Wella



Credit:
The images above are a property of:

  • drugstore.com (Clairol Born Blond)
  • JeromeRussel.co.uk (Blonde)
  • ohmybeauty.com (swatches)


Note:

This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.