SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: I Would Like To Start Dreadlocks

Question: 
I love dreadlocks on other people and I would like to start my own. How long should my hair be to start the dreadlocks? I do not want them too short, though.

Answer:
If you look at a person with dreadlocks and you like their length, add couple of inches to your length while your hair is dry and that may be your optimal length. I found THIS blog about how to grow and maintain your dreads, which I think has a lot of great pointers. Good luck.

BTW, Jae suggests to all "dreadlockers" to fully dry their hair after shampooing - so it doesn't grow mold.


Note: 
This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.