SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: How Do I Fix My Damaged Hair?

Question:
My hair is extremely damaged from bleaching and coloring. It is dry and brittle. What can I do to make it healthier?

Answer:

  1. Any moisturizing protein pack for damaged hair will help you to hang onto your tresses a little longer. Apply it to your shampooed hair and put a plastic cap on your hair. You can also wrap a towel like a turban around your head to keep the warmth in. Use it couple times a week. 
  2. Between these heavy duty treatments, use regular conditioner and a leave in conditioner.
  3. Do not use hot blow dryer to dry your hair. Let it dry naturally and when almost dry, use medium heat to finish styling your hair (if it needs to be blow-dried)
  4. When bleaching and/or coloring your hair concentrate mainly on regrowth
  5. When combing your hair do not rip your hair out by pulling. Comb it very gently


Note:

This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.