SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: My Hair Coloring Went Wrong....

Question:
Two months ago I colored my hair black, which faded a bit. Today, I bought a new hair color and colored my hair, but it went all wrong. I wanted to go lighter and redder but instead my roots are burgundy, but the rest is still black. How can I make my hair lighter?

Answer:
Your black color didn't turn lighter because you cannot make dark color lighter with color. You need to use bleach or a hair color remover.
First you need to condition your hair. Then you need to have the black color removed from your hair with Effasol (a hair color remover) or bleach, such as Super Blue by L'Oreal or 7th Stage by Clairol. Before you use Efassol, or any on scalp bleach check your scalp for any cuts or abrasions. If you find any, wait until it heals so the chemicals do not go directly into your blood stream. While working with bleach (or Effasol), there is no need to go very light - just remove enough color so you can dye it with the target color. You could lift the color just to a red stage if the red (or reddish brown) color is desired. After you are done wash and condition your hair and apply the desired hair color shade. And keep your hair conditioned every time you shampoo it. Your hair will undergo a big stress, so you need to keep it moisturized and conditioned. This entire procedure should be done by a very skilled colorist.

Credit:
The image above is a http://pinupgrace.blogspot.com/2011/07/damnit-there-arent-enough-bloggings.html property. This image is a good example what happens if you do not remove the black color first. Although there is a fad (or should I call it a fashion?) of having roots different color and ends also different color (such a hair tips dipping).

Note:

This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.