SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: Why My Dark Hair Will Not Color Lighter?

Question:
My natural hair color is an ash brown and I dyed it black. The other day I bought a golden brown hair dye but it didn't take. I followed manufacturer directions and processed hair for 25 minutes, just like it said , but it didn't work. Can you explain why?


Answer:
Light permanent dyes do not make hair colored with dark pepmanent dyes lighter - you need to use first a color remover, lift the dark color to at least one shade lighter then the desired color, and then apply the tint.



Credit:
The above image is a Framesi property.

Note:

This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

1 comment:

  1. Wait 3-4 weeks then bleach hair using a 20 volume developer wash with a neutralizing shampoo then proceed with the desired colour rinse. Condition throughly and frequently

    ReplyDelete

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.