SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: How To Remove Soft Black Hair Color

Question:

Hi I recently dyed my hair with a box dye - the color was called "soft black" and it was the worst mistake I have ever done! It doesn't compliment me at all and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to fade the color or to make it lighter? Before dying it black my hair was a warm coppery brown color that seemed orange in the sun. If my black color fades or is stripped will that color surface? I really don't want to bleach my hair, do you have any recommendations? your help is much appreciated!

Answer:

If the "soft black" color you used was permanent it will not fade much. If you used a semi-permanent color it will fade somewhat, and if you used temporary it should be washed away soon.
The only way to remove the permanent or semi-permanent color is to use either color remover or a bleach, provided you cannot find any color remover. You should be able to find it at any beauty supply store.
If you chose the route of removing the color (with either product mentioned above) I would advise you to do it as soon as possible because both products will remove color from your natural hair also. What will happen is that the hair in the root area will get lighter, while your colored hair will be darker - pigment from the bottle is harder to remove. The longer you leave either product on your hair the lighter your hair will get. You will have to make decision when you take the color off your hair. The color remover (or the bleach) should be applied all over the hair as fast as possible so the color gets removed evenly. The lightest it could get is to a yellow blond color. The speed chemical remover will depend if you color your hair on regular basis (it is unclear from your message if you colored your hair coppery brown) and how you apply your color. If you never colored your hair before then the color remover will remove color faster.
If you never used any bleach or hair color remover product it would be best to have it done in a salon that specializes in coloring. The colorist will probably apply the color remover at the sink.
Good luck.


Credit:
 Above image is published on the internet by to me unknown owner, but is the best illustration of the Soft Black Color mentioned above.

Note:

This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advise you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.