SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ - Hair Color

Question:
I had medium brown hair with natural blonde and red highlights before this fiasco! I also have naturally wavy/curly/brittle hair. I have olive skin and hazel eyes. I dyed my hair blonde and I want to go back to a medium/dark brown with a very very very slight red tone. I have very little money, how can I do this at home.




Answer:
I do not know what shade is your blond now, but in my opinion you should get a semi-permanent hair color by any reputable company that makes hair color. It should be safe to use at home if you follow the directions (read the entire booklet in the box). I would buy two different shades - one medium brown and one medium reddish brown. Mix whole package of medium brown with 1/4 of the package of reddish brown (with 1/4 of the activator). The more reddish shade you will add into the base color (medium brown) the more red your hair will get at the end. Mix it according to manufacture's directions. Apply it all over your hair. Make sure you do not leave any hair left out. Process and shampoo the color very well out. If it turns a little darker, it is OK. It will tone down with each shampoo. If you need to go darker, do it a month later - give your hair a rest.



Note:
This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post only. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.