SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: Large and Frizzy Hair, Please Help!

Question:
Right after I wash my hair it is OK. But when it dries, it gets large and frizzy. How can I keep it tamed? Are there any good products I could use on my hair to stop it from puffing up?

Answer:
From what you are telling me, you must have a very curly hair. If you try to play with it after it dries it may get frizzy. This is what I'd do if I would have curly hair - after shampooing my hair, I would put a heavy duty (deep) conditioner and comb my hair before I would rinse it. After it would be tangles free, I would gently rinse my hair by running my fingers through it from scalp toward the ends. I would wrap a towel around my hair to get the moisture out. Never rub your hair, because you will disturb the hair cuticle. Then I would put a little bit of a moisturizing conditioner into my palm and gently spread it evenly all over the hair - doing especially good job on the outer layer, which gets damaged by various factors the most. Now comes the last step - there are a lot of great products on the market (some more expensive than others and I am sure you can find a product you can afford) that you can use for styling and to tame the ringlets. I particularly love Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel by Garnier (fructis style) for your hair type. Put a small amount into your palms, rub the palms together and distribute it into your damp and conditioned hair. Repeat as necessary until you feel your hair is soft - do not overdo it, but do not under do it neither. Style it while it is wet and then let your hair dry naturally. Do not shake your hair or disturb any other way. The creamy styling gel makes hair very soft after it dries it should make curly hair sort of cling together into beautiful ringlets. Remember - the more you touch your hair after it dries, the more puffy and frizzy it will get. If you feel the hair has a bit of a wet look (after it dries) and you do not want it, then place your fingers under the hair on the scalp  and make hair move just a bit for a softer look. Do not shake your hair too much and do not touch it much, so the ringlets do not frizz up.

BTW - Garnier should pay me for recommending their product to all my friends and teaching them to use it on their curly hair :-)


Note:
This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post only. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.