SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: How Could I Style My Hair Without Any Parting?

Question:
I have medium length blonde hair with a natural parting in a center. I'd love to achieve an effect where my hair stays brushed back off my face. Basically no parting. Hairspray doesn't hold my hair back neither. Not only it parts, but my long fringe manages to fall down in front of my face, too.

Answer:
When hair grows into certain length it wants to fall in the direction of each hair's growth. If you look in the mirror and will study how your hair grows out of your follicle (scalp) you will understand why it wants to fall that way. In order for your hair to keep styled back it would have to grow out of the follicle toward back.

If you are concerned with your fringe not to fall into your eyes, I would take a dollop of strong hold gel, rub your hands together, put your head back and run first your palm against the hair in the direction you want your hair to go starting at the hairline and toward the back (or side-back), then run your fingers again through the hair from the hairline toward back. Keeping your head back (or side-back) take your hair dryer and on the slowest speed dry your hair (it would be best if you'd have an attachment) at the hairline (so it is hard as a rock). Then, dry the rest of the hair. If the hair has too much of "a wet look", you can gently run your fingers through your hair (obviously from the hairline toward the back) for a softer look, and then hairspray it to make it stay.

And do not sweat, otherwise it will make your hair to collapse :-)

British English "fringe" = American English "bangs"


Note: 
This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post only. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

3 comments:

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.