SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: My Highlighted Hair Tangles A Lot

Question:
I had my hair highlighted recently, but it is very knotty now! Which conditioner should I use to solve this problem?

Answer:
After any color treatment hair shaft is slightly lifted and that is a reason that hair tangles. For your problem ANY hair conditioner will help you untangle your hair. You need to try several to find your favorite (or two or three favorites) conditioner for your hair type. This is how I would go about this issue:

  1. After shampooing my hair I would put conditioner on and comb my hair with conditioner in it. Conditioner makes hair slippery and therefore easier to comb. 
  2. Then I would gently rinse my hair with fingers running through the hair from my scalp toward the ends.
  3. I would wrap my hair in towel to "suck" the water from my hair - no rubbing.
  4. I'd spray on "spray in conditioner" (if hair is very fragile) and/or use a styling gel and style my hair.
If you do not shampoo your hair every day and want to brush it, get a brush  with wooden "spikes" that are short and do not have any little "ball" like ends. This type of brush works the best for me - it is gentle on the hair and usually brushes the tangles faster than any other brush I used in the past. This type of hair brush can be found usually in any beauty supply store.



Note:
This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post only. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.