SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: How Can I Fix Yellow-Orange Highlights?

Question: My hair is dark blonde. I recently bleached some strands of hair, but they look yellow-orange. It looks OK, but is there a color that I could use to fix this?


Answer: It looks, like you shampooed the bleach out too soon. My question is "what is your target color?"

  • If you do not mind yellow-orange hue in your highlighted hair that much, then use a shampoo with blue pigment to wash your hair. It may help your hair appear a tiny bit less yellow-orange. 
  • If that would not work out and you prefer even lighter color then you may have to pick all the highlighted hair and bleach it one more time (if it is chunky that would not be such a problem as if you have fine highlights). While bleaching it again you would have to watch it carefully, so you do not over-process your hair. 

Note: 
This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.