SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: Can I Use Bleach Over My Color Done In Salon?

Question:
My hair was colored in a salon and I would like to bleach a side strand for a special effect. Will I damage my hair? Will it come blond?

Answer:
Any bleach removes a color in stages - the longer you keep it on, the lighter your hair will get. If your color is artificially dark then it will be harder to remove than if your hair would never be colored. The success of getting your desired color also depends on health of your hair at the starting point and how many color applications you had done. The healthier it is, the longer you can keep it on to make it lighter, before you will destroy the hair shaft thus causing a breakage. I would suggest talking to a colorist in your area, who has a lot of experience with such a process and who can evaluate your hair before any steps are taken.


Note: 
This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.