SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: Why I Can't Color My Hair After I Wash It?

Question: The instructions always tell you that you shouldn't color your freshly washed hair. What is the reason for it?

Answer: It is OK to wash your hair in the morning and color your hair with permanent color in the evening. You can actually shampoo your hair for a temporary color prior to immediate coloring. For semi-permanent color you may shampoo your hair only very lightly and only if needed. However, you should not shampoo your hair right before coloring when you intend to use a permanent color (or bleach). The reason is that you will stimulate your scalp and make your pores to open, which will make it easier for color (its chemicals) to penetrate through your skin into your system. So if you shampoo your hair before coloring, you need to give your scalp time to return to its "normal" stage.



Note: 
This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.