SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: What Is The Difference Between "Expensive" and "Inexpensive" Hair Salon

Question: A couple of months ago I go my hair cut in an expensive hair salon. All my hairdresser did was a very simple haircut - straight across at the bottom with some layers. I feel that it was too simple to pay such an extraordinary price for a job that any stylist could do. I wonder if I should use the salon again, since I would like to get a little more advanced haircut, or should I go to a cheep salon? Is there is any benefit to pay so much money? What is the difference between these two?

Answer:
Every hair salon incorporates into their price real estate payments (rent or mortgage, which the salon's expense depends on a size and a location), water and electricity, towels, tools, other hairdressing materials, furniture, salary to their employees, marketing, classes, and many other expenses.
If it it is a "chain" salon - they offer lower prices because they may have mixture of new graduates with hairdressers with some experience and fewer with a lot of experience. Chain salons are usually starting point for many new stylists. They get trained especially in basics, and if they are interested in hairdressing they may even seek more education on their own if their budget allows it.
Stylists from more expensive venues usually work in posh (-er) salons, they may take classes with top stylists from USA and oversees, because they make more money and can afford the heftily priced classes. Stylists in more expensive salons are usually experienced and some even very experienced. However, you may run occasionally into a stylist, that doesn't really care as much about hairdressing and is in it for the money, not for keeping up with new trends. These usually do not spend much money on education either.
So what you need to do is - seek stylist that is very much into hairdressing, doesn't mind spending money on continuous education (which is not mandatory in this field). If you are not shy, stop people and ask them who cut their hair in what salon. Check out the salon and see the stylist how she/he is working and see how much they charge for their services. That will help you to make a decision if that hair salon and a stylist is right for you.
I used to get lot of recommendations from my clients, because their friends loved the way I did their hair, how much I cared about my job and they knew that I used to take many classes to better myself.



Note: 


This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.