SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: Help - I Used "Sun In" On My Hair

Question:
I used "Sun In" on my hair in the summer few times. But now I died my hair back to its original color and my hair is quite damaged. How can I make my hair better?

Answer:
Since "Sun In" is a lightener, it means a chemical process. No wonder you have damaged hair. It would not be as damaged if you would not do re-application on the already "sunned-in" hair. This product contains chemicals (to open up your hair cuticle in order to "bleach" it into a lighter shade) and if you use it several times on already (chemically) processed hair, you end up with damaged hair. After that you colored your hair to it's original color, which you again chemically processed your hair thus making further damage.

At this point you have two choices:
  1. Cut your hair very short. 
  2. Buy heavy duty hair conditioner and a liquid protein filler for hair. Add little of protein into your hair conditioner and do hair treatments. Now it will not repair your hair, but it may help from shampoo to shampoo to keep your hair in semi decent "shape". You will have to wait until it all slowly grows out.
Look up Rose Milk Hair Repair by Lavera. Check out also Giovanni Organic Cosmetics Smooth As Silk Conditioner. I also liked Joico's K-pak, which is a heavy duty conditioner. These products already have protein in it, although you could "boost" it up with a tiny bit of hair protein filler, which is usually available at the beauty supply store.

Credit: Image from a "lavera.com" web site.


Note: 


This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.