SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: How To Protect Hair After Chemical Treatment?

Question:
How do I protect my hair after a heavy duty chemical treatment? My hair is dark brown and I would like to have it bleached.

Answer:
The day before your chemical treatment shampoo your hair, then apply a deep conditioning treatment (a heavy conditioner with a dash of protein mixed together - bought at a local beauty supply store), put a plastic cap (or an aluminum foil) on your hair and wrap your head in a towel - keep it on for about 20-30 minutes, rinse and style. Your body heat will help the conditioner to penetrate inside the hair cuticle.

 Do the same after the treatment, and then again once a week for as long as needed. On daily basis keep your hair conditioning with heavier conditioners.

One of the famous people who bleaches her hair is Donatella Versace. It always looks great.

Credit:
Donatella's image is from listal.com.


Note: 


This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.