SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: Blue Shampoo And Brown Hair

Question:
Can I use blue shampoo on light brown hair? Will it help me to get rid of orangey tone from my hair?

Answer:
There is no harm in using a blue shampoo on your hair. If it will help you to subdue the orangey tone in your hair that I cannot answer. It really depends on how light your hair is in order to see any changes. The best way to find out is to try it. But if you hair is very light then be careful how often you use the shampoo. Since it is blue, it could make your hair too dark should you use it every day.

The image to the left could be considered light brown hair and would (most likely) "pick up" the blue pigment from the shampoo.

Credit: The image is from the www.unique-hairstyles.com website.


Note: 

This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

2 comments:

  1. There are some shampoos which have a label that says sls-free shampoo. This means that there is no laureth sulfate in the shampoo but there is no guarantee for any other kind of sulfates. For this reason you should always buy shampoos that are sulfate free shampoos and not only sls-free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your input, which I value highly. Yes we are surrounded by too many chemicals and no beauty product is free of harmful ingredients. What I meant by "you can do no harm by using blue shampoo" was that even if person uses blue shampoo it may or may not help (to subdue orange-y tones), but a least it will clean the hair. I guess I should have worded my answer differently :-)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.