SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: Are There Any Affordable Japanese Hairdressing Scissors?

Question:
I'm a student and I would like to buy Japanese scissors. Are there any inexpensive shears?

Answer:
The best Japanese shears are made of a special steel and that is why they are expensive. If you find any in $400 range that is a great price. I've come across over one thousand dollars Japanese shears in the past.

I found one website with shears you may explore (they should pay me for promoting them LOL) - if you see a lower price than $300 those sheers may be from a good steel, but not as good as the pricey ones. If you are interested to learn about Japanese swordsmithing visit THIS WIKIPEDIA's page. Many Japanese companies use a good quality steel based on their swordsmithing in their scissor for hairdressers.

Credit:
The image above is from shearintegrity.com website. These scissors are "Fuji". The price is now about $100 more than I paid for mine. I used these scissors on many haircuts and made many of my clients very happy.

3 comments:

  1. well, I think the most important thing is quality, 'cause usually low prices mean low quality, so the scissors could be a little pricey but is totally worth it. I use the Saki Katana Hair Shears and they work really good and the cuts are really smooth. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karo, thank you for your comment. I agree - they are worth it. With a proper care and having them sharpened by professional (who knows how to sharpen this type of scissors) they will last a lot longer. I have my Japanese scissors for 20 years and they cut just like I bought them yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also a student of cosmetology. I and my other classmate use shears from Hattori Hanzo this brand is providing best japanese shears which are made with titanium and pure steel but these are most expensive one in market and we take these shears on monthly rent because we all prefer quality because firstly some of my mates got inexpensive shear but they had bad experience so now its up to you dear ;)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.