SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: I Want To Use Manic Panic On My Red Hair - I Need Advice

Question:
I have really long auburn-red hair that I've never dyed because everyone gushes over the color, but I want to have some fun with it! I'd like to dye the tips or lower section with manic panic semi permanent cream but I need professional advice. What colors would you recommend for a pretty contrast with my natural hair color? I was thinking one of the blue or purple shades but I don't know how dark. Also, I don't want to bleach it first. Can you help me please?

Answers:
First you need to think of how dark/deep is your red hair color. If it is strawberry blond you may get away without bleaching it, but if you are thinking about having really vibrant tips, then your hairdresser (or you - which I do not recommend) will have to use bleach prior to coloring your hair with Manic Panic. You can do a preliminary test with Manic Panic without bleaching your hair first so you can see how much it will show on your hair. Cut out a strand of hair, tape it at the end to hold the strand together, color it, and then rinse it/wash it to see the outcome. The longer you keep the tint on your hair, the stronger (more vivid) the color will be in the end.

If it comes to what shade to use - I personally love both colors, but what you must consider is not only the shade of your hair (red) but also the shade of your skin. I would recommend using a color swatch with bight colors that is closest to colors you are considering. Place the swatch next to your face and hair to see which color compliments them. Use a daylight to see true colors of your skin and hair. Another thing is to consider clothing (you may have to change your wardrobe?), but that is not as important as the shade of your skin and hair color.

Another thing to consider is using a color wheel - and see what are complimentary colors for your hair and skin. See the color wheel above. The complimentary colors on the wheel are always on the opposite side (violet's complimentary color is yellow and vice versa).


Credit:
The image above is an mmprint.com property.


Note:

This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.