SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: Red Colored Hair Is Not Red Enough

Question:
I colored may hair red, but it is not red enough. Can I color my hair the next day?

Answer:
You can do anything to your hair, but then you have to keep on mind that there is a chance of doing something terrible to your hair.

  • If you color your hair too often you can give your hair "a chemical burn" and hair can fall out. You need to examine the quality and health of your hair first before you do anything to it.
  • If your hair is in a decent shape, yet you colored your hair previously quite often, you can muddy up your color instead of making it the shade you want.
  • If you didn't color your hair often and the red shade was applied first time your chance of making your hair redder are higher, but that must be done properly - what I have on my mind is you need to use correct "pigment in the bottle".
  • Instead of using permanent color you could use a red toner, that would be deposited on top of your hair shaft yet would be less abrasive to your hair. But again, you would need to consult with a skilled colorist if that would work.
Credit:
The image above is a Schwartzkopf property.


Note:

This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.