SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: How Soon Can I Shampoo My Hair After Coloring?

Question:
I colored my hair blond and I usually wait about two or three days before I shampoo my hair again. Can I wash my hair sooner? Will the shampoo fade my hair?

Answer:
If you use gentle shampoo for colored hair, you should be OK.  It is shampoos with harsh chemicals that alter the pigmentation of your hair. Another shampoo you should not use on a daily basis is a "clarifying" shampoo, which is supposed to prepare hair for chemical process, or it helps to get the build up from styling products. These clarifying shampoos are "stripping" shampoos.
Also, using the vinegar rinse may help to "lock" the color in and give your hair shine.



Alba Botanica Gentle Shampoo is one of the shampoos I would recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.