SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: My Hair Color Turned Green (Too Ashy)



Question:
I colored my hair but it turned very ash with a green tinge to it. What did I do wrong and how can I prevent that from happening? Whats your trick?

Answer:
Many blond ladies hate "yellowness" in their colored hair, while brunettes hate "red" undertones in their colored hair. In order to be able to combat these "yellow", "orange" and "red" pigments, they color their hair with "ash" tones.

Here are two scenarios what could happen and how to avoid it:

  • If your hair is long and you colored your hair over and over and over, you build up the ash tone over time inside the hair cuticle, resulting in green undertones. To avoid this mishap, do not color already colored hair. Color only regrowth.
  • if the hair is gray (no pigment) and you end up with green tinge, use a mixture of natural color and ash tone color. The more gray hair the more natural tone color needs to be used. Again do not over color your already colored hair.
Credit: I found the above image which represents green tonality of hair on THIS PAGE. What is not wanted in one part of the world,  it's fashionable in another (Singapore). Plus, it took several "time consuming" steps to achieve that special "ash look".


Note:

This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.