SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: Help! My Hair Turned Green!

Question:
My natural hair is very dark and I always wanted to color my hair ashy blond or light brown. So I bleached it and colored it with light ash brown. But it has a green color to it. What should I do to fix it?

Answer:
You used a green based hair color. So now you have to balance it. I think that you should apply strawberry blond hair color to "tone" down the green. It will be more brown, so choose your blond on the lighter side. Also make sure that you do not color your regrowth, it would turn very red. First, you will need to do your roots (and ONLY roots) the same way as you did your hair before. Then, color your entire hair with a strawberry blond color. To color your root area, you will need most likely just one box of tint. However, for your entire length of hair you will need two plus boxes, depending on the length and the amount of your hair.

Credit:
The image above is from THIS website.

 Note:

This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.