SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: How Often Can I Color My Entire Hair

Question:
I wrote this as a comment under my previous question but I'm not sure if I should send it to you separately. Thank You So Much!!! Using the Splat along with the Age Beautiful permanent dye gave a perfect and most beautiful result!!! I wanted to ask you how often can I dye my hair (whole hair) with permanent hair dye and 20 Volume developer? Thank You SO much for your expert advice, I truly appreciate it.

Answer:
Note: To uninformed readers - my "follower" asked previously one question about a hair color HERE

I did not received your comment/question, so it is good that you  wrote to me separately. I think I have to think of a friendlier way to contact me.

I am thrilled that your color turned out fabulous. If it comes to coloring your entire hair again, I do not think it is a great idea to use full strength all over your hair. Sometimes you can notice a lady with medium brown hair from root area to about mid way and then the hair starts getting darker and the ends are black. Although the lady never used the black color on her hair. The darkness comes from re-application of the full strength dye over and over and over again.
Yes, hair needs to be refreshed, but in a different way. When you will be coloring your hair next time, color ONLY your roots (a brand new regrowth), process it according to manufacturer's suggestion (about 25-30 minutes). While you are processing your hair, take your "blue pigment" and mix it with your leftover dye 50:50 (which means how much of your left over, that much of a pigment), and after processing time pour this mixture on your hair and process for additional 5-10 minutes. By diluting it you will actually make it less "potent", yet it should freshen up the hair. Let me know in a few months how your hair is turning out.

Also see my note below (about consulting with your hairdresser first).


Credit: The image above comes from - http://zilahinolvina.blogspot.com/2012/05/pastel-hair-dye-diy.html


Note:

This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advise you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.