SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: Can I Color MY Hair Again 2 Days Later?

Question:
Can I Color MY Hair Again 2 Days Later? Is it safe?

Answer: 
I have colored my hair on the same day couple of times. As a hairdresser I occasionally tried different colors and if I didn't like the color I colored over it. BUT, I knew if I can = if I will see any change, and if my hair can withstand two processes in one day.

Some people should never color their hair on the same day (or  for few reasons:
  1. the color will not be visible (light color over dark colored hair will never lighten hair up)
  2. if you want to change a color shade, it may not take over dark shade or it may make hair "muddy"
  3. if your hair is not "strong" to withstand coloring you could see some breakage (especially with lighteners)
So, technically you could possibly color your hair 2 days later with only same shade or darker shade over lighter shade, and only if your hair is VERY strong and healthy to start with.


Note: 
This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.