SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: How Can I Go Blonde Without Stripping My Hair?

Question:
I was born blond, but it's more of a light mousy brown now. I want to try and go back to my natural blond color without stripping it. I am wondering if a hairdresser can make me blonde without bleach? Can hair go blond from the sun?

Answer:
Some people's blond hair turns darker as they get older, often to a light or medium brown color. If you end up with a brown color that is not too dark, your hairdresser can lighten up your brown into a blond shade without using a bleach. For a more natural look you can ask for highlights using the lightest blond tint and foil. After the color treatment, the blond (colored) hair will mix with brown hair, which will give you an effect of medium blond and very natural looking hair.

The sun could lighten up the top layer of your hair if you spend many hours outdoors, but it will not turn it as blond as if you get highlights with a tint. Some people use lemon juice (before they go outside) to help the hair to be blonder, too.


Note: 
This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.