SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: How Do I Bleach My Own Hair

Answer:
My hair is dark brown and I would like to bleach it and then dye it blue. I would like to get any tips for before, during and after bleaching. Will my hair get very dry/damaged after I bleach it? Is there anything I could prevent it? Would you recommend any hair mask? Can I dye my hair blue right after bleaching? Thank you.

Answer:
Your hair is dark brown and that means you will need some strong bleach. I would not recommend bleaching your hair at home unless you really know what you are doing. You may run into a trouble of over processing your hair (that would cause a hair breakage), or burning your scalp/skin. You cannot see what is going on in the back. Another reason not to do it at home is that you could get the bleach accidentaly into your eyes. Then there is one more reason - in order to have your hair turn beautiful blue color, you need to bring the hair to a very pale color (almost white). If you do not do a good application the blue color will not turn great in the end.

You asked about coloring your hair blue right after it has been bleached - yes, it is done on the same day. The blue color is not as harmful as bleach.

If you are on the budget and cannot afford salon prices, go to a BEAUTY SCHOOL in your area. Let the teacher and students do it for you for a modest fee. Your health is more important than saving few bucks.

As for "tips for before, during and after bleaching" - condition, condition, condition. There are many great deep and moisturizing conditioners on the market that are designed for color processed hair. Read what it says on bottles and pick one that you think is right for your hair type. If you still have no idea - ask a reputable stylist/colorist to help you out with hair products that will keep your hair as healthy as possible.


Note: 
This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.