SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: From Brown-Red Hair To Blond

Question:
My natural hair color is blond. I've been coloring my hair with brown dye, but some of it turned black while top of my head is orange. I'd love to go back to being blonde. How can I achieve it?

Answer:
If half of your hair shaft is turning black while the top is orange, you have been doing an incorrect color application. There is a pigment build up in your hair, which will be very hard to remove. You need a VERY knowledgeable colorist do the "un-color" and then finish it with desired color. However, from your description you may have to sacrifice some of your hair length. Expect your hair to be in not so good shape after a colorist is finished with you. You will have to condition your hair a lot. Do not do it at home unless you really know what you are doing.


Note:
This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.