SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: I Want My Blond Hair Back Without Bleaching It

Question:
I have been coloring my naturally blond hair with dark brown color. How can I make my hair be blond again without bleaching it?

Answer:
You will not have your natural hair color back until you grow it out, because you are dealing with an artificial pigments inside your hair. I am sorry to inform you that you will have to remove the dark color either with color remover or bleach, and then dye your your hair back to your natural color as close as possible - so as it is growing out, it sort of matches.  It cannot fade, unless you would color your hair with temporary color, which washes out in one or two shampoos. (Also, semi-permanent color fades but not as much as temporary color).

There are several variables to consider:

  1. How often did you color your hair
  2. Was your color done at home or at the salon?
  3. If the hair was done at home, how was the tint applied?
All of the above questions (and many more) are very important to as how the color should be removed. Do not forget you are dealing with chemistry here. 
If you would decide to get your hair color removed after all, let your hair be taken care of by a very skilled and experienced colorist, because the more chemicals would be applied to fix your hair (in the case you would try to do it at home and would not succeed in doing a great job) the higher chance of damaged hair you would have and you would be facing a situation of cutting your hair off.


Note: 


This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.