SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: I Need Help With My Hair Texture

Question:
My hair is thick, dry, wavy and unmanageable. I shampoo and condition my hair on regular basis. I tried to use all different products to combat my problem (ie. serums, expensive hair products, olive oil, egg yolks), but nothing seems to work. Any ideas what else I could try?

Answer:
Unfortunately it seems to me that you were born with hair that has a "wire-ry" texture. I am not sure if you can do anything about that since you are taking a good care of your hair already, but perhaps you could try these ideas:

  •  After shampooing your hair in the shower use a vinegar rinse first instead of a conditioner (vinegar could close the hair cuticle and thus make the surface more flat and shiny) and after you towel dry your hair, take a small amount of heavier conditioner, spread it in your palms and apply to your hair and leave it in (do not rinse) and style your hair
  • When drying your hair with a towel do NOT rub it. Put your towel on your hair and gently squeeze the hair. If you rub your hair you are making your hair more rough on the surface, making it even more puffy and more wire-ry.
  • If you like to blow dry your hair - do not use hot air, which can make it more dry - use medium warm air if possible
  • You could combat puffiness by applying a hair straightener/relaxer (a chemical,that makes hair straight) OR
  • By learning how to use a flat iron to smooth down your hair cuticle
  • if possible let your hair grow long as the length will pull your hair down
  • I do not recommend a Brazilian blowout (similar to a hair straightener) - it is a health hazard as it deals with formaldehyde (very bad for your lungs as it slowly releases from your hair)

Credit:
The above image is a property of:  www.hair-styles-secrets-revealed.com


Note:

This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.