SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: Why My Hair Color Faded?

Question:
My hair color was colored by a professional colorist. It was red, but I colored it dark. I waited to straighten my hair (professionally) and it just faded back to red color. What happened and can I get it recolored again? This never happened before.

Answer:
If I had to perm (or straighten) the hair and my client also needed to color her hair withing a short period of time (= about a week) I always made an appointment for her for perm/straightening first and then in about a week she would come for coloring. That is the order how it should be done.
A Straightening (perming) process "strips" the color, and therefore the color becomes much lighter. So, next time first straighten your hair first and then few days later color it with your desired color.

To fix your problem - condition your hair every day, wait few days and have your colorist re-color your hair - but leave the chemical on the hair for shorter period of time. That is what I would do.

Credit:
The image of Hayley Williams faded hair above is courtesy of fanpop.com


Note:

This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.