SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ - Question About Highlights

Question:
I usually have my hair tinted 2 to 3 shades lighter than my natural color then highlighted for a more natural blonde shade. I went to a new colorist who put the tint on my roots and then highlighted right over the tint. I had never had this done before. Usually they wash the tint, dry my hair, then highlight with foils. My hair looks fine but I am concerned about the condition of my hair. What do you think?

Answer:
I think that your colorist "cut the corners" (as they say in America). He/She wanted to save the time, and did two procedures at the same time. He/She probably didn't really highlighted the root area, just the area that was not re-touched with color. For the best color outcome it should have been colored first, washed/rinsed and then highlighted. However the condition of your hair is most likely just fine. The only problem I would see with this technique is that he/she didn't get as close to your scalp with highlights as he/she should for longer lasting highlights.


Credit: I found the above image on http://www.pinterest.com/pin/215469163393619142/


Note:

This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.