SEARCH THIS BLOG AND WEB

FAQ: Hair Vs. Features

Question:
I have a question about coloring my hair. I wanted to go black but I started thinking it was too dark for some of my features. I wanted to do an ashy red but it wouldn't work with my eyes. I'm stuck, I'm Czechoslovakian and Greek. My eyes have a flap and are very dark brown, I have high cheekbones and almost an olive complexion. I don't know what to do with my features. Please help.

Answer:
For some people, a black color may be too dark, unless the person is fairly young, has a milky skin, has great features, and dresses in such a way that the black hair color is a fashion statement. I have never heard about "ashy red" color. There are all different reds, but the ash color usually has green base. The red color has red base, with different shades - orange-y, purple, red, and so on....

The olive skin color looks great with reds, browns, blonds. Your eyes would look great with red, brown and blond shades of hair color as well. If you are very stylish, you probably could get away with soft black.

I would recommend going to a wig store and try wigs of different colors on. Now, usually "fake" wigs will not really be exact, but you can see which color looks interesting next to your complexion and then you can have a colorist help you chose closest color to the wig that looked great on you and apply the color. Remember, many dark and red artificial colors (= "hair color from the bottle") are hard to remove from the hair, so choose carefully just in case if you do not like your hair color and  look.

Regarding your features - those you were born with and I cannot do anything with that. I bet your features are great, and if you choose a hair color (and hair cut) that will go with your skin color, they will go with your features, also :-)

Good luck.

Note:

This post should be taken as a first step for a discussion with your hairdresser and/or colorist about your ideas, desires or problems with your hair. Under no circumstances, you should act upon this post ONLY. I strongly advice you to have your hair done by a skilled and reputable hairdresser/colorist in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. I must approve all comments (which are sent to me via e-mail automatically) in order to be visible on my blog.